Global Birding In association with eBird & Swarovski Optik, supporting BirdLife Intl
Our contact details
Name: Global Birding.org
Address: Fishponds Cottage, Old Stamford Road, LE15 8AB UK
Phone Number: 01572724575
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
This is collected for people who choose to register with or contact Global Birding.org
Individuals names or choice of a name they wish to be known by for the purpose of communication with Globalbirding.org
Usual country of residence
Type of optical equipment used by that individual for birdwatching
Whether users who register on Globalbirding.org travel for birdwatching.
Whether any person registering is part of a team which has also registered to take part in the same event as that person, therefore linking them to that team or other persons so named or claiming to be part of the specific team registered. The names of individuals being connected to specific named teams is the sole responsibility of the person registering as an individual or team and not the responsibility of Globalbirding.org.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
You have contacted us to subscribe to globalbirding.org or you have made an enquiry or you have registered for an event organised by global birding.org
We use the information that you have given us in order to respond to your enquires, keep you up to date with any events you nave registered to take part in and to send out updates .You can unsubscribe at any time.
We may share this information with our associate companies - Swarovski Optik and eBird and with our partner organisations as listed on our website.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) . the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is
Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
How we store you personal information
Your information is securely stored by us on equipment which is not available on any public device.
We keep your personal information for a a minimum of one year so that we can contact you if you are interested in any globalbirding.org events.
We will dispose of your information by deleting all your details from our data information files at any time when you request us to do this.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
Your right to restoration of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - you have the right to as that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or write to Fishponds Cottage, Old Stamford Road, LE15 8AB UK if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Fishponds Cottage, Old Stamford Road LE15 8AB UK
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO's address is Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Helpline number 0303123111
ICO website https://www.ico.org.uk
Terms and conditions for Global Birding.org prize draw
1. Our prize draws and competitions is organised by Global Birding.org of Fishponds
Cottage, Old Stamford Road, LE15 8AB United Kingdom.
How to enter
2. Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
3. Our prize draws and competitions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary
4. Global Birding will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid,
damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a
result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems,
satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and
Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Global Birding.org reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize
to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
7. /Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except
associates of Global Birding, their families, agents or any third party directly
associated with administration of the prize draw.
8. Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to
these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
9. Only one entry per person is permitted.
10. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any
prize you may win. Global Birding.org may require you to provide proof that you are
eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
11. Global Birding.org reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary
to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
12. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process
within one month of the prize draw or competition ending.
13. The winner will receive details of the prize.
14. The winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of being chosen and must
provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Global
Birding.org within 48 hours of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited
and Global Birding.org will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with
the process described above.
15. The prize will be sent to the winner within a reasonable time dependent on the
recipient’s location and ability to confirm safe receipt of the prize before it is
16. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is
17. The decision of Global Birding.org regarding any aspect of the prize draw or
competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
18. The winner’s name and country can be obtained by sending a stamped
addressed envelope to Global Birding.org, Fishponds Cottage, Old Stamford Road,
LE15 8AB UK within 60 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw or
19. Global Birding.org reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the
promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, Global Birding.org, its agents or distributors will
not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or
accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a
result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Global
Birding.org, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights
are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
21. Global Birding.org is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will
only use your personal information in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
22. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your
entry may be held and used by Global Birding.org or its agents and suppliers to
administer the competition.
23. All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and
entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. Global Birding.org reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from
time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on our website
YOU CAN STILL FOLLOW OUR LIVE FEEDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Please watch out for details on our social media pages
SAVE THE DATE!
SATURDAY 8 MAY 2021
GLOBAL BIRDING EVENT
IN ASSOCIATION WITH EBIRD AND SWAROVSKI OPTIK
SUPPORTING BIRDLIFE INTERNATIONAL
WE WOULD LOVE
£50,000 FUND RAISING
WANT TO JOIN IN?
DETAILS COMING SOON
WORLD RECORD BREAKERS FOR 2020
7243 SPECIES RECORDED FOR GLOBAL BIRD WEEKEND 17/18 OCTOBER 2020
7120 SPECIES RECORDED FOR ONE DAY BREAKING THE PREVIOUS RECORD OF 7060